A brief recap of what lead me here and questions answered...

1. Running BIAB Version 10 on Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit.

2. BIAB would not load beyond welcome screen - in the Task Manager, it did not appear in Applications but did appear under Processes.

3. Ran check for viruses and malware, system clean.

4. Ran Disk Defrag which crashed system (would not boot)

5. Removed hard drive and rescued documents and programs. Reinstalled Windows 7.

6. Pasted BIAB folder back into computer and attempted to run. Received the error message:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computers system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

7. Have tried running all available compatibility modes, DOS emulators, software updates and all sorts of solutions that I found online to run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit system, but nothing has worked. I am unsure if this version of BIAB is 32-bit or 16-bit.

8. I cannot reinstall the program as the original installation discs were lost in a move a few years ago.

9. I contacted PG Music and asked them what my options were given the above circumstances. Given that the program was bought from a third party via eBay and I failed to register it, they were unable to help me.

10. I am ready to throw my computer out the window.

Last edited by JackGreen18; 10/15/19 02:00 PM.