Thanks for finding this, Jim. The article is timely not only on account of the discussion rokq22 started on making a video, but because the industry appears to be in a revolutionary mode of thinking.
I received the fat Sweetwater catalog this week in the mail. Try as I may, I couldn't find the Tascam and Zoom portable digital recorder spreads which have been there for ages, replaced by a brand new catalog design based around Pro Tools and specialty music video production equipment. There's even a cute little reasonably priced unit that gives the appearance of a cell cam or a go pro (now in talks about Chapter 11 bankruptcy, incidentally) mated with a small recorder on a tripod. Looking like the Wal Mart special.
But I digress. There are all kinds of DAW accessories, including the custom video computer for around $1000. My hunch is that many people get to rigging up their computers only to find they need more power, more ram, more and faster hard drive. A quote from the following link: "For live production, you'll want to pick up a video mixer." It is clear the trend is to get people to spend a lot of money with them. After all, isn't that the idea?
https://www.sweetwater.com/shop/studio-recording/video-equipment/
I'll reserve judgement on this for more astute minds than my own. It looks like the equipment and sales industry is making the move to cash in big time on the home recording craze.
Another interesting thing about that catalog is the guitar and keyboard sections are skeletons of what they once were. Music moving into the hands of the electronic pioneers? I don't know. But a call to Mike Eads or one of the Sweetwater sales reps might be worth the dime.
Finally, one of the myths they would like to have us buy is that online video makers should strive for FOX or Universal Studio quality. That is complete hogwash. We are not competing with professional crews and should beware of falling into the trap of trying. That's another topic.

Last edited by edshaw; 10/16/19 02:00 AM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --