<<< Is there that much difference in reality between Focusrite, Native Instruments, Audient, and Presonus? >>>

Not in your situation. If you use Presonus Studio One for your DAW, you will have easiest set up and assured compatibility with choosing Presonus hardware. If you have modified your guitar or possibly use your acoustic with a built in pickup, you may find you need an actual DI box to tame the guitar input. Choose at least a 2 input model of whatever brand in so you can have a stereo input if some of your electronic sounds come externally from a keyboard or synthesizer.

Choose a model that has a mic/instrument input and line inputs and most devices now have combo input jacks that accept XLR or 1/4". The type of input (mic, instrument, line) determines the impedance, not the jack. Some of the lower cost units do not have line level input and you can feed a line level, it's just a bit trickier getting the input gain exactly right. Unless you will be using a device sending line levels such as a keyboard, synth, vocal harmonizer or such, your audio interface will only be inputting your guitar and you'll not have any problems.

Choose a device that has at least 48/24 resolution as that is and will be the industry video standard for the foreseeable future. Devices that have 48/24 will also have 44.1/16 and that is the audio standard. Most devices will probably have much greater resolutions than this unless you opt for the absolute bottom line model.

The way you will grow out of your unit is needing more inputs than you have.

I use Presonus interfaces but also have a Zoom interface and have owned several other brands. Presonus has been very reliable and if you don't currently have a DAW, I recommend you purchase Presonus because their devices ship with Studio One DAW's that are wonderful, full featured DAW software that has a large presence of support and tutorials. Their DAW also includes some nice plug ins.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 10/17/19 09:34 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.