I'm sorry if I am posting in the wrong place or posting something that has been discussed endlessly before. I have had a look around but couldn't find an answer to my question and I am new to the forum so please bear with me.
I've been using Biab for about a year to produce my own songs. I write and sing my own songs. I work the chords out on my keyboard but use Biab to produce backing tracks for my songs. I do this because I am not a great musician and also I don't have a band or enough money to go in a studio with musicians.
I like being on my own and creating my own songs and getting them out there with the help of Biab.
So now I have a couple of songs out on Spotify and slowly gaining a few followers.
My question is I am not sure how to classify myself on Spotify. I have myself down as a singersongwriter which of course is true. However I don't mention I am not playing as a musician on any of the two songs and that the songs are produced with Biab software.
How do other singers that write their own songs but use Biab for backing tracks deal with this question.
Do you keep quiet and let people think you play on the songs or do you come clean and mention you write and sing the songs but use backing tracks.
I would be interested to hear what people think is the best way forward with this problem.
Looking forward to hear what advice people have for me. Many thanks.