Ha. I thought I understood this until I read that. frown

I used Adobe Audition to record the sounds in the system.

That, and everything I can think of, is set to 16-bit if I have a choice. Same for the Focusrite, and of course I use the latest ASIO driver as they said. The Focusrite Control (mixing and settings) software says 44.1 but makes no mention of bit rate; I always assumed it didn't care and picked that up from the setting in the software doing the recording.

I'm reasonably certain it's not sample rate (but less certain after reading the Focusrite article), and not cables as it varies from hardly happening to really bad (like my recording) and changes channels, sometimes appearing on both but usually not. Most of my cables in this part of the chain are optical or SP/DIF. And the more times I start a program (like BIAB) or Adobe Audition, the worse the clicking as if something is 'building up'.

So I've resorted to turning everything off a few times during a session.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors