Thank you once again, Bob.

Yes on the possible static / grounding problem. The second clip is much more like that. I might just connect a ground wire and see.

Yes, I use SP/DIF. Yes, you can set the Integra to Master or Slave. Yes, SP/DIF I think is bi-directional so one end must be Master and the other end the Slave but it can work either way over the cable.

But the Focusrite doesn't do it that way, exactly. Its choices are to sync via Internal (which I take to be equivalent to Master), SP/DIF, or ADAT (which isn't relevant). If I select Master on the Integra and SP/DIF on the Focusrite, you would THINK it would work, but it won't stay in sync. It cycles endlessly on then off for the sync every two seconds. Yes, I've written to Focusrite with all specs asking for a recommendation. Normally they are fast but it was over the weekend.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors