Dear Ms. Janice, 'Bud', Leon, and 'PeterF'...

Ya'll cooked-up a nice, big, heavy and steamin', flavorful pot of slo-mo, well-seasoned electrified blues in I Live for The Weekend. It was delicious enough for me to lick the juice off of my fingers -- to hell with a napkin! I didn't waste a drop of it.

'PeterF' your solos are powerfully soulful cool. I'd bet you had your eyes closed in a transport of improvisational ecstacy while you loosed those gee-tar demons out of your spirit.

Leon, over time I've noticed that you truly tell stories through your lyrics, and that's why they're so inspiring to me. Listening to them is like turning the pages of someone's heart.

Last, but definitely not least, Ms. Janice! You always receive -- and inarguably deserve -- the shower of kudos that usually follow in the wake of your performances. However, in this song, I believe I heard -- and felt -- something deeper, more lived-in, kind'a like a tattoo you couldn't erase from your skin. It was as though Leon's lyrics ceased to be words connected to each other, and instead became a stream-of-consciousness of sung feelings that only were interrupted by the breaths you took. These blues hit a spot somewhere in you (am I correct, or no?), and you simply brought them out of the darkness, and into the light.

LOREN

Last edited by bluage; 11/05/19 07:54 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".