Prof P,

Acid loops have tempo, root key and (optionally) time signature information embedded in the audio file. Band-in-a-Box, RealBand and many DAWs read the data as the audio file is imported into the program.

Band-in-a-Box reads loop data when the loop is imported from inside the PG Music loop sub folder. Typically the loop sub folder is located at X:\bb\RealTracks\Loops where X = the drive letter where Band-in-a-Box is located. If the audio file is imported into Band-in-a-Box from OUTSIDE the loop sub folder, Band-in-a-Box WILL NOT read the embedded data.

When you use the DAW dropbox to render and export audio tracks you are given a checkbox option to add ACID information (tempo, key, and time signature) to the WAV file. There is no way I know of to add ACID information to a track segment.

Please note, RealBand can export complete ACID tracks or selected track segments. this is taken from page 123 of the 2019 RealBand user manual:
Quote:
Export Acid Loop - Highlighted section or entire track to WAV in Loops Folder…
This command will render the highlighted section of the current track or the whole track as an ACID Loop and save it to the bb\RealTracks\Loops folder.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (10.74 KB, 68 downloads)
2019 Band-in-a-Box dropbox render dialog window.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home