Originally Posted By: edshaw
That's a winning formula all around. It has an anthem quality that might well be applied to communicate with this dynamic new generation that's coming into its own on a broad scale. Janice's vocal, the melody, and the lyrics are so strong in this number that some listeners might not notice the superb accompaniment and Bud's flawless handling of the technics -- Hey, that's all right. The forum listeners here recognize and hear every bit of it....
Suggest picking several topics to choose from on the category of "songs for the new working generation" as a way of letting them know we know they are out there and we appreciate what they are doing for us and we want to communicate with and support them. Understated, though, like this "I live for the weekend." No one likes over baked.
Hope that's not all too heavy. Count me in the exploratory focus group. smile

Thanks Ed. This was, indeed a fun project. Peter snd Leon certainly brought me In on a fine song!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Well, having Leon write a song, Janice sing it, the guitars played by Peter and Bud being involved in the sound job - that's what I call 'playing it safe' - oh boy, how could such a collaboration ever lead to a song which isn't grand...?

But this one stands even out: Very appealing lyrics, and who could ever sing them more forcefully than Janice? And Janice, you proved to be the Queen of BV already with your, ah, musical stunt on Rough Edge. LOVE IT !!!

Peter, wouldn't have expected anything but great playing from your side - you really never disappoint !!!

Very, very, very, very good from A to Z.

All the best,

Stefan

Stefan, I really do appreciate that. And thank you for mentioning the BGVs. They are very new for me and have been fun experimenting with!

Janice