Matt

Since I can't physically test your equipment - it is always possible your unit's digital circuits and outs are bad see page 43 of service manual. You HAVE the service manual (I sent you a link a while ago) if you need it again I will send you the PDF or link (if I cant find again - LOL ) - JUST PM me

but there is also some testing you could do (might not show anything) - see page 17 -19 but need stable signal generator and O'scope (or O'scope SW)

I guess you can't use the USB audio because of all the other gear involved? But then the analog is not BAD and only 1% of you all "golden ears" would ever notice any signal degradation going from DAC to ADC in your chain.

As far as S/PDIF begin "free wheeling" actually that's OK within limits but in general CLOCKS are very HARD, period and that's without embedding audio with clock (S/PDIF)and still expecting listening unit to get it right 100% of every clock tick.

I've work on and with critical systems that make professional audio/video syncs and clocks trivial in comparison, at clock rates that are orders (plural) of magnitude higher than highest rates used on in any studio gear and those clocks are critical to certain human life.

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 11/11/19 11:26 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20