Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Hey guys, regarding midi drums you both are preaching to the choir here. But I do appreciate the sermon. The drum sounds from EZD2 and Jamstix are fantastic.

Some one mentioned a need for more variety (...maybe it was me?). I don't want my drums to simply play the same pattern over and over with a fill at each chorus. I want to hear both subtle changes in patterns combined with more aggressive changes thoughout [of course when appropriate - nothing worse than a drunk drummer].

What I mean is, I want to have more options, and in an interface that makes the editing workflow enjoyable. So far the closest I have come to that is Jamstix - but admittedly I have a long way to go.

I was going to post a quick audio/video example last night, but got to tweeking... so it ain't done yet. This stuff is not so quick.

You might want to looking Groovemonkee MIDI drum loops: https://groovemonkee.com/

The stock MIDI loops do have subtle changes in them. For instance if you want a 4/4 ballad groove they will supply a number of them, I'll call them A, B and C. In each category there are subtle changes, say A1, A2, A3, B1, etc. There will also be different fills for each and you can combine any of the categories for more variations.

Note that I do no work for Groovemonkee. I am just a satisfied user.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware