Hello Steve, VideoTrack, Janice and bud, Janne, Ezekiel, Ember and Ray,

Thanks for all your comments on the song. I appreciate that a lot, as you know.

Steve, when you mentioned the panning of the synth, I Immediately changed it. You were right about that. At first I had it panned in the middle, later changed it more to the right and than you came telling me it had to be more to the middle. So, I listened to you! smile

VideoTrack, thanks for your nice compliments. I haven't found out your real name yet, but one day I get it!

Janice and Bud, thanks for all you wrote. Indeed, this song is a bit different from what you have heard earlier from me. Sometimes I like doing something different, I was thinking to sing a balad only with one guitar, but that was a bridge too far even for me. But you know? I also made a waltz with tempochanges in it (didn't dare bringing that one to the BB-forum though...)

Janne, if you skip the synth and the shaker and you have friends that can play well, and you have rehearsed the song at least 20 times, and you have drank some more booze, it won't be that difficult playing it near a campfire, if the listeners also drank a little. But indeed, I doubt if it still sounds the same as the original. Even with talented people wink

Ezekiel, when I found that Cocoa-style I hesitated for a while. Immediately I had those images of cocoaleaves (to chew on) or other drugs-related things. So i wanted to skip it. But then I heard the nice rythm and acoustic instruments in it. that helped me finding this melody.

And Ember, I agree. Change is probably very good for us, although it takes time to get used to that. In the mean time you feel sad, because you think you lost something/one. That is how these songs arise, I think. and thanks for your judging.

Ray, I didn't do anyuthing with that smack. It's the one one the guitar slamming it all the time! I only included a shaker, but that wasn't smacking at all. and I'm amazed how good you can hear things, like the different reverbs. You told me you have tinitus, but that isn't bothering you at all! You are right about the reverbs. I tried it, because one reverb (a Tsar) was nicer for the vocals than the other reverb (forgot the name of that one). Was it distracting? But thanks for your findings, and compliments.

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130