Yep ...don't stop playing.....

And that was really hard with my Gibson SG due to it having a whammy bar tremelo that was notorious for throwing all the other strings out of tune since my perfectly tuned SG was essentially a balancing act of the tension of all the strings. As long as they were all intact, that guitar could hold tune through the entire show under normal situations. Of course, we always topped off the tuning before each set.... and I kept the Conn connected to the amp output for spot checking in the middle of the song or the set. Handy.

My fix, was to change the strings on a regular basis when I was playing professionally so that breakages were at a minimum. I knew that with the Ernie Ball strings, I could easily get 2 weeks on a set. Beyond that, I was pushing my luck. My Paul, on the other hand, no one ever knew a string had broken except me. It didn't have a whammy bar on it. I could finish the song and the rest of the set with a bit of improvisation for the lack of that given string. Usually the high (.009) string.

I was buying string sets by the case full.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 11/20/19 04:22 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.