YIKES! MY HITACHI 2TB/TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE HAS FAILED ON ME!! frown And neither my PC nor my laptop recognizes it anymore. frown

The short story. After hearing a constant, and VERY annoying, beep beep beep (which I originally thought was coming from my PC) and being unable to silence it (even after checking YouTube and Google searches for answers), it turned out it wasn't coming from my PC at all but from my Hitachi 2TB/To external hard drive!! frown

One estimate to recover the data (and from a trusted computer "geek") was for $600 and I sort of expected that because I do know what is involved. But nothing wrong with checking for a less expensive place that might be able to recover the data, right? . Okay, so there are a few places online that do it and one (without checking into it too much) was for $299 with a $100 coupon (how that coupon is used I haven't checked into yet) but I will when I get some extra money and REALLY feel the need to recover the stuff.

Anyhow, as of now, there is NO hurry for this but I do have some 359GB of data on it that I don't want to simply forget about.

In the meantime, any suggestions?

TIA