As a preamble, I'm new to the forum, and have been using BIAB 2019 Pro for about 6 months. I'm just a hobbyist, so I'm still just tapping into the huge feature set.

I'm very happy with it and I think it is an outstanding deal. With that said, however, after spending time over the last few months in the forums and using it, I'm starting to feel like it's primarily used for a lot of more traditional styles of music like jazz, blues, folk, pop and but dating up to the 80's or 90's. I love those styles and actually really enjoy writing in those styles, but I also want to start dipping into more modern stuff.

So I was hoping that by upgrading to BIAB 2020 UltraPak that there would be a lot more modern styles and more interesting collections of the other styles that would justify the cost. But after spending a couple hours playing the demos, I'm just not getting the feel that the product has moved into the latest decade, and the styles were not really grabbing me, and many sounded very similar, although there's quite a few in the 2019 version that I really like.

So I'd like to hear from people that are using BIAB 2019 or earlier versions of BIAB and what pack you've got and what you use it for these days. I'm going to continue research into buying the 2020 UltraPak, but I would be thrilled if people had some thoughts what cool things I might be missing and why you might be interested in the 2020 version.

If the answer is that I should just spend more time in BIAB and learn the features and build my skills, that's certainly a valid one, and I'm on board with that, and certainly don't expect people that have spent years and countless hours using it and honing their skills to bestow some magic wisdom on a newcomer - I know it doesn't work that way smile.

Ed Z

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts