<< I use the multiriff feature on bars 5-8 of the piano and also on 5-8 of the guitar. To bring this back into BIAB on the audio channel does it combine those into a single track? If so I have lost the ability to later handle them separately in the DAW. >>

In BIAB, no, it does not combine those into a single track. You will have 7 separate WAV's of the 4 bars of piano and 7 separate WAV's of the 4 separate bars of the guitar. I haven't tried this yet with any of the new Multi Riff segments of audio but in prior versions of BIAB I have imported different segments of audio and edited those segments on the Audio Channel using the audio editor tools. cut/copy/paste, normalize, silence, amplify, fade in, and fade out. The PGM Audio Plug in's are also available from the top Tool Bar at Audio\Plugin for compressor, gate, gain edits, chorus, flanger and other plugins.

It's my thought that all 14 of the Multi Riff individual WAV's can be imported into the Audio Channel and edited using the various editing tools to comp one or more individual Multi Riffs to drop into a custom Audio Channel and then use Bar Settings to Mute and Unmute audio segment inserts between a RealTrack Channel and the custom audio channel. They can be mixed and matched as desired between the piano audio and guitar audio. This process is much easier and faster than it appears as I've written it out. I can almost always edit a single audio track faster than opening a DAW and exporting and importing between the DAW and BIAB.

An easier way to do this with two instruments though is to utilize the feature that multiple instruments can be placed on each track to program back and forth replacing of a Piano and Guitar on the same track. Whereas using audio multi riffs would allow such a channel to be more customized and complex.

<<Also, what happens to the bars I am replacing in my song? Do they get erased? If not, how can I ever hear the new multiriffs in context inside BIAB? >>

Once you've generated the seven multi riffs and they've replaced the song's tracks with the seven multi riffs and they're saved to the drop box, Ctrl-Z will revert the mixer back to the original tracks.

If you Right click and open the menu at the WAV box of the drop menu, the individual tracks can be auditioned.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/04/19 05:41 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.