I'm currently using BiaB 2017, but I've also done this in 2019 and there's no real difference, I've found.

Okay, I'm not exactly exporting the tracks. I'm using the "Save Special" option to save MIDI tracks as MIDI files and RealTracks as WAV files.

I've tried it two different ways -- well, with audio at least. I've tried dragging the instrument to the DragDrop box and translating it to a WAV file, and I've also tried Saving Special with a RT by Soloing that track before doing the Save Special.

What happens is -- and this happens when Saving MIDI also if there are any RealTracks in the song -- EVERY RealTrack is processed, even though only one is saved. With MIDI, every track is processed and when I bring the MIDI file into Cakewalk, all MIDI tracks are imported, although only the one I'd soloed has MIDI data. When Saving Special with MIDI, also if the song as RealTrack drums, a drum track is generated, although I think it's empty (if memory serves).

What I'd like to do is just translate over the actual tracks I want to translate over without having to wait for all this unnecessary processing to take place.

How do you do it?