Guys!!! We are making this far more complicated than it needs to be!!!

First of all, this is NOT the thread to talk about new time sigs or true mixers or complete rewrites of Realband! SHEEEESH! When you start talking about all that then, yes, it starts to be overwhelmingly huge!

BUT, if we bring the conversation back to MultiRiffs, or better yet, forget MultiRiffs and just focus on bar-by-bar regeneration, this becomes a WHOLE LOT EASIER to accomplish without anything even approaching a full rewrite of BIAB!

Below is a simple way to add bar-by-bar regeneration using the BIAB code that already exists and no new channels or anything new that is complicated.

1) let me choose a single track for regeneration - BIAB already has the ability to only generate one track as I do it all the time by freezing every track except the one I need changed. and BIAB already has the mechanism to select a single track at the top of the screen.

2) let me select bars for regeneration - BIAB already allows us to select bars for various reasons so that code is already there

3) set an Undo flag here and store state

4) generate only the bars selected on only the selected track - BIAB can be coded to regenerate only those bars (OR an even simpler way would be to regenerate the entire track in memory and then splice the new bars into the proper place in the original track after the complete track is regenerated. BIAB already knows how to generate a complete track!)

5) let me hear the changes - BIAB already provides all of this functionality because the track at this point is simply a BIAB track!

6) provide an undo capability to revert back to the the state in step #3 above if I don't like the result and even pre-select the bars so I can easily roll it again!

This approach would require very little new code and absolutely no special new features. It would also be extremely fast since only a small section of a single track would be generated each time I roll.

From a workflow standpoint this would be super smooth! I just create my BIAB song, select the track and bars I want regenerated and then click the Regen button a few times until I hear what I like! Super easy and fast!