Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Good advice you've received so far. One thing to be sure of with whatever audio interface you choose is to be sure you have line in inputs available to receive the audio from your keyboard. Some Lower priced, fewer input devices from most manufacturers preamps are not line level but Mic/instrument level. Your keyboard will operate and interact with the audio device best with line levels.....................

Charlie,
Thanks for the heads up about line level inputs on the interface. Does that also mean that the interface should have line level outputs to run to the monitors? Since the Focusrite Scarlett products were mentioned above I'll use those as an example. Comparing the 2i2 to the 4i4, it looks like the 2i2 has line input but not output, whereas the 4i4 has line input and output (assuming that I'm even reading the specs correctly, which in highly questionable). At any rate, would both of those be equally good for my purposes, or would the 4i4 be preferred?

To be clear, I'm just using those two Focusrite interfaces as examples, but are they the sorts of products I should be looking at? Any other suggestions of brands or types of products to consider?

Thanks.