You can drastically cut the cost by choosing the DP-03 while retaining most of the editing software and dynamics and effects. You will lose 6 preamps and inputs and 184 virtual tracks but it's features are good enough to make a recording of equal quality as the DP-24. For the same price and essentially the same effects, dynamics and inputs, the Zoom R8 is a good choice. It also functions as an audio interface, controller and sampler. It is more versatile that the Tascam units. The R8 would be a perfect match with RealBand if RB was updated to operate with a midi controller. I would really like to see Zoom and PGMusic collaborate the same as PGMusic worked to develop the DigiTech Trio+ Band Creator and Looper Pedal. Zoom's LiveTrak L-12/20 and their just introduced L8 would make a really nice, quality home recording setup. The L8 retails for only $400 and would be a comparable choice to the DP-24. It's sole drawback to me is it's tweaked to be a mixer first and recorder second when it comes to features. That drawback is completely overcome by its audio interface feature.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.