Hi Ian,

On a slower PC, setting the option to high could cause the PC to stutter unless the option to "Speed up generation" is turned off. This would be especially noticeable with uptempo songs.

For those who read this and are not sure of what I mean, I'll explain a little more thoroughly below.

1. Using "High" quality stretching takes more processor power.

2. Normal BIAB operation is to partially generate a song, then start the song playing. While the song plays, BIAB completes the generating of the backing tracks. This is a hefty load for the computer's processor.

3. "Speed up generation" is seen immediately above the highlighted tempo stretching options on the image above. By disabling the speed-up option, BIAB is set to generate a backing track completely before playback starts. This is a global setting. (This setting can be set on a song-by-song basis by right-clicking on the chordsheet, selecting "Song settings" and then selecting "This song has playback problems".)

While it will take a little longer to generate a song with the speed-up option off, it reduces processor load by separating Realtrack generation and playback.

4. So, for a slower computer, if one chooses to have high quality tempo stretching of Realtracks' audio, it is better to separate the demand on the processor so that track generation and playback are performed independently rather than together.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024