Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Dan, when this happens (very rarely), shoot an email to Support@pgmusic.com

Reference the thread and wait for a patch.

I’ve found a couple like this over the last decade. It’s probably a simple correction in an index somewhere.

Matt, I was actually waiting for the proverbial "...works fine here response". I have learned this program is dependent upon so many system and user specific items that what appears to me to be a bug may actually be a feature. No one has taken the couple of minutes it should take to load the sample demo and then insert a CMaj7 or GMaj7 and confirm it goes silent.

Otherwise, I have become a bit calloused on these things over the years here in the forum. PGM should be monitoring their product for reported defects like any other quality organization. We should not have to email notify them. But thats just me.

And if this response sounds a bit snarky, don't worry I will delete it shortly. grin

Well, things went south here starting with the provocative post title.

I didn't test the problem at first because:
1) I wasn't at a BIAB computer
2) I believed you
3) I've seen this before, although very rarely as I mentioned

But now that I've tested the style, not only are you correct, but it's much worse than you reported. The guitar doesn't seem to play on any major seventh, major ninth, or major 13th chords. It also ignores a 6 and a 69 chord. It plays only intermittently on sus chords. However, it always plays on some chords, for example, minor chords, diminished, half-diminished and 13th chords, and it handles some advanced jazz upper chord extensions ex. 13(b9) and 7(#11).

The style itself sounds wonderful. The problems I see above confirm to me it is a programming issue. I don't think it's too much to report it to PG Music. But you don't have to; Trevor already did it.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors