Make sure there is nothing on your original drive you want to keep. I would either just copy everything over, or just clone the new drive to the old drive (assuming they are the same size).

Be aware that in the root folder of the drive there will be a file called autorun.inf. You will find that your anti-virus (and I think even Windows itself) will not allow you to copy this file over to the other drive. It will flag it, because in the past, autorun.inf files (often in the root of bootable CD's and DVD's to tell the system to run a certain program upon bootup - sort of like an autoexec file for removable media) have been used to propagate viruses and other malware. There is also a hidden file in the root folder that needs to come over also (can't remember the exact name, but I think it's something like autolist.asc, but I may be wrong). If your system doesn't show hidden files, you may not see it to copy, so turn on hidden files to make sure you get it.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com