Originally Posted By: dcuny
Catchy tune - distinctive and memorable.

[UNHELPFUL COMMENT REMOVED, SORRY FOLKS]

I'm with rayc on the bass - it initially sounds too loud with the guitar, but once the vocal kicks in, it magically slots into place.

Anyway, once the drummer woke up and finally joined in, I warmed up to it.

Really nice write. I consider happy songs the hardest writes, and this one is super-upbeat feel-good.

I've got mixed feelings on the instrumentation - I like the idea of the pared-down mix, but it feels too stripped down to me. Again, "feelings", not a suggestion that you should change anything.

And then - as Dave said - it was over too soon. Always a sign of a good song.

I enjoyed the song a lot! smile

David - thanks, as always, for your thoughtful comments (we have addressed some parts elsewhere, of course...).

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Janice, dear Floyd,

oh boy - this is really something. We all know that your two voices go together so very well, but with this one you kicked the ball over the fence - amazing, marvellous, terrific!.

The whole song is sooooooo incredibly soulful - from the composition to the nice lyrics - you can hear and feel that it's custommade for you two.

Loved the intro very much and the chorus is a blast.

If I may humbly make a suggestion: I think another drum track could make the song even 'rounder' - there's too much boom-boom by the kick and the snare for my personal taste, and I can almost hear no cymbals. A more balanced drum track with a smooth ride could support the flow, especially of the chorus, I think.

But whatever: The song is outstanding, most, beautiful and a treat to listen to!!!

Take care,

Stefan

Stefan - thanks for the fine review (as I mentioned in a previous response, the drum track is intentional)...

Originally Posted By: Keefmeister
Hi Floyd, Janice and Bud. Catchy tune! Nicely produced duet. Your voices blend well together. Bravo!

Thanks, Marc!!

Originally Posted By: Jim
Another strong heartfelt write...
With lyrics which led straight to the hook...
Its nice you decided to rewrite it as a duet...
As it permitted both your & Janice's vocals to shine individually on the verses...
And then simmer together on choruses...
You made some outstanding choices on this one...
Now you need to get on your bicycle...
Ride it up to Georgia...
And give Janice a great big hug of thanks smile!

Appreciate that, Jim... Just got back from GA... it's a long bike ride...

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd / Janice

You sound wonderful together every time!

Lovely production and a stellar ending.

What else can I add, - after 2 plays a real catchy melody, a nice sentiment and great vocals/

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!!