Noel,

Thanks again for your help.

I followed along on everything you said up to the Realtracks Picker. I got into that screen and it showed for track 4 (guitar) a memo of the 4 vocal tracks. Took me a while to find the Medley window... when I selected it, it did not put it on top, so I had to do the old alt/tab thing to find it. It's also not laid out like yours, but I selected Default to change it to non-medley, and I had my hopes up!

Then I did the File/New and made a new song. It seemed to play fine. But when going back to my old songs, track 4 was still causing problems. I tried an older version of my song that used mostly MIDI tracks... and track 4 was some odd sounding drone rather than acoustic guitar. Then I went back to Realtracks... and that same weird droning (kind of a bass-y thing that also took over the drum channel!) dominated. So, while I've made some headway, it still isn't right. Not sure what to try next.

Somewhere in the programming there must be a file that's either corrupted or should have been overwritten when I made changes. At least that's my uneducated opinion. Any additional help is gratefully appreciated!

Thanks!

Jim

BIAB 2020 with Reaper 6, on an AMD 8 core CPU, 16GB RAM, 240 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. Retired and trying to make some serious music, before Arthur Ritis spoils the fun.