Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Country is easy, or so many will tell you. (Hint: it can be but doesn't have to be. A secret, many country musicians like jazz too!) "Three Chords and the Truth" is an often quoted description that originated with country music songwriter Harlan Howard in the 1950s.

Most songs contain elements of multiple genres so whatever genre label is attached to a RealTrack likely isn't the ironclad rule you think it is. Many of the RealTracks are available with and without effects applied so even if a guitar RealTrack is drenched in reverb there maybe a guitar only variation that you can add amp and cabinet sims and effects as desired.

I agree with Jim a lot of cross pollination can take place.

Somehow this week listening to styles I found something that took my fancy. I loaded the style and added some chords. I noticed the drums were really unusual pretty good with lots of fills. When I looked at the mixer panel I see I have a Drums 1. And lower down a Drums 2 track. (Never seen this before). Anyway the Drums 1 is a normal 4/4 track but the Drums 2 is a Waltz drum track. It works, but I really don’t know how this came about. Not something one would normally do in “Country Music”.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1