Visual Examination of Played Chord Notes

Hi,

I would very much like to be able to easily visually examine at my leisure the notes of the chord that BIAB is playing (has just played) at any time. Currently, I can watch them fly by (e.g. on the Big Piano) during playback, but they immediately vanish, like tears in rain, if I stop the playback in the hope of looking, studying, and internalizing the voicings.

There are two specific ways I would suggest for how to accomplish this. Both would have much value, IMO.

1. Implement the ability (as an option, in case some do not wish it) for the last chord played to REMAIN VISIBLE on the Big Piano and/or the Guitar when the user pauses (or stops) playback.

You could, for example, call this "Big Piano Memory Mode" and "Guitar Memory Mode" and have it be on/off via a checkbox on the Big Piano and on the Guitar. There appears to be plenty of space in the UI for this.

2. When the Piano Roll of a part (any part) is visible, allow notes which have been selected (and we would ideally want a quick multi-select for this, like a draggable rectangle) to be visible (not during playback though) on the Big Piano and/or the Guitar.

This could be called, for example, "Link to Piano Roll", and also be a checkbox on the Big Piano and on the Guitar.

I hope that the utility of these displays is self-evident w/o the need to explain and opine prolifically about it. The existence of Big Piano and Guitar shows that PGM already "gets" the educational value of showing musicians the fingerings on these instruments. Letting the player linger over the display would greatly enhance their ability to study and internalize the wealth of musical information that BIAB currently and already provides.

P.S. Being able to "re-sound" the displayed notes at will via a button and/or keystroke completes the concept!

Thanks!

BIAB for Windows 2023 (1006)