It took me a very long time to notice to see that I have to select a track so it is being played without being in sync mode *. The reason being that the contrast of slightly darker grey on a but lighter grey is hardly recognizable. But hey, better go and get some new glasses...

Anyway, now that I know that I am stuck with using ctrl-click or shift-click to get every single track playing. And it doesn't feel right in a DAW context to do it this way. When hitting play I expect to hear all tracks that are not muted ** or all tracks that are soloed.

As for me I can do without the master track. It gets in my way (see above why).

Masi

* That I have to double click a button that's used for a completely unrelated function is a very questionable and complete unintuitive UI decision. I do have a very strong opinion on that one. At least add the option could be doubled in the context menu if it doesn't get its own button.

** I learned that I cannot mute a track with a right click. But why do I still have to select it to hear it if it's not muted? So many questions. It may not come as a suprise that I eithe want a mute-button or an entry in the context menu.

Band-in-a-Box, BiaB-plugin, Reaper, Win10 64bit, i7-8565U, 24GB RAM (always latest versions)