+1 for the idea of faster RealTracks and RealDrums regeneration. Faster regeneration is a never ending goal I think PG Music has always sought to obtain.

The issue might be that since each improvement is small and happens over the course of years it is difficult to notice the improvement while using the product every day. This is similar to how quick any Windows computer feels after a new operating system install but then slows down through daily use. The operating system slowdown is not noticeable until the day you notice it. Then it is in your face every day. I suspect, but do not know, that the cumulative reduction of RealTracks and RealDrums regeneration time has been reduced and would be noticeable if a comparison test was performed.

What would I consider a comparison test that could demonstrate a noticeable improvement in RealTrack and RealDrum regeneration time? I'd say a new install of 2010 Band-in-a-Box UltraPlus PAK against a new install of 2020 Band-in-a-Box UltraPlusPAK, on two computers having the same specifications and operating system using the same song file that loads the same instrument tracks.

The UltraPlus PAK programs provide the most content without providing wave audio files. Because part of the regeneration process is finding the correct RealTracks and RealDrums and converting the wma files to WAV files it would not be fair to use the Audiophile packages.

I would expect the comparison test to use two, comparable computers to prevent the 2010 program from accidentally using files introduced after the release of 2010.

The song file would need to use RealDrums and RealTracks that were released in 2010 or earlier so they would be available to both programs.

Perhaps PG Music will read this thread and think a comparison test is a good idea for marketing purposes. Perhaps a long time user will have the needed resources and think such a comparison test is interesting. Maybe such a person will post a comparison test video to YouTube.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home