Great clarifications. As I said in my earlier post:
Quote:
+1 but for an easier way to do it. There are work around available but they are not intuitive or easy.

That said the work arounds I suggested do not properly address the density of midi note arrangements. I've seen a few plugins, most notably +++ RealiDrums by Realitone +++ that have slide controls to change the density or complexity of the midi output.

Lets say for a moment each track had a complexity fader. The logical place for the fader is to add a fader to each track in the mixer. The Realitone video shows each complexity fader affects plugin midi output in real time. How would a similar track fader work in Band-in-a-Box? One way could be through the mixer and F5 settings.

Each track complexity fader could set the initial complexity of the track midi pattern. Part markers would continue to make track complexity patterns change as they do now. F5 settings could have eight boxes that display the complexity of each track pattern at the current bar. + and - radio buttons would enable incremental changes that start at the current bar. The user also could double click on the complexity box of a track to enter a new value.

Here's a question for discussion. In this model, when a part marker is encountered should the part marker overwrite the current complexity values, increment the current values a set amount plus or minus, or increment a percentage amount plus or minus? In any case plus increase the complexity while minus decreases the complexity.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home