Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
Noel, that was really a joy to listen to. I loved the way you and Steve wove a lot of instruments and track types into a simple arrangement. I also appreciate you explaining your though process behind the lyrics.

Sometime things we say and the way we say them mean more to us that to others, since they touch our hearts. In this I thought you touched others as well, especially as you can see by the positive comments.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for finding the time to drop-in. And thank you for your comments, too.

In all honesty, I don't know how Steve manages to work with so many tracks. When I create a song that has 5 or 6 tracks, it challenges me! Here Steve has used over 30 tracks and the sound that he manages to create is exceptional. When I first heard what he'd done, I couldn't believe my ears.... it was an incredible experience.

In relation to the lyrics, I spend quite a bit time on them and ponder heaps of combinations and permutations of ideas and words. Almost always, the first draft bears little to no resemblance to the final draft. The above comments on the subjunctive mood give just a bit of insight for those in the forum who might be interested.

Thanks again!

I hope that 2020 brings good things your way,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024