A few of things (not all inclusive) come to mind for me.

1. Obviously, 64-bit processing.
2. Full support for plugins like Melodyne and JamStix.
3. I would love to see a "mute/unmute all tracks" button.
4. I really don't see the need anymore for the icon row at the bottom of the screen (see image below) for each display window, since they are accessible from the top line toolbar and the menu anyway. Takes a lot of real estate, and usually end up hidden or in weird places on the screen when you resize.
5. A number of VSTi plugins (Kontakt Session Brass Pro comes to mind, especially when trying to generate programmed brass riffs) do not render to audio properly. They playback fine through the VSTi when listening, but when rendering (either to an audio track or a file), you often end up with a lot of drop outs. Other DAWs handle them fine.
6. Tracks should be additive. We don't need to see all 48 all the time. If I only need three or four tracks, I should only see three or four tracks.
7. Scan for VST/VSTi's and present in a list (by specifying which folders to look in). Then allow drag and drop from the list to the track and let RealBand manage the slots. If adding the same plugin twice, it could just ask if you want to use existing or create a new instance.

I'll add more later.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com