Hello, there, 'MarcA'...

Your baritone sax performance in Barifone is so fine, so melodic in a uniquely jazzistic sense, and so warm and mellow in its harmony, that I believe you really don't need to mention Gerry Mulligan, as doing so could distract a listener from experiencing the pleasure of absorbing your own sound and style. But, of course, there's certainly nothing wrong with honoring the man, eh?

Your use of Band-in-a-Box to fashion such a straight-ahead, coolly swinging and upbeat jazz composition is most welcome on the forum. The software's jazz music-making chops are peerless and deserve more extensive use, in my humble opinion, at least. Your solo has a relaxed, jaunty quality that would get fingers snapping and feet tapping out time with joy.

What's most interesting is that only last week, I discovered a Gerry Mulligan album from 1965 titled, Feelin' Good, which I enjoyed deeply. And then, I came across Barifone. Quite a fortuitous set of circumstances I'd say, and very welcome at that!

I listened to Barifone at least six times as I wrote this! Believe me when I say I'll be 'listening out' for more music from you on the User's forum. Thank you posting such a nostalgic, skillfully composed, and delightfully performed piece of authentic jazz music smile.

Most sincerely,

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".