Hi Horst,

thanks a lot for your reply - of course I do understand your intention. And I am absolutely sure that your album will be sellable - I mentioned that I think your productions are really top-notch.

But I still think that if you want to have profound feedback for a certain song it might be better to not 'overfeed' potential commentators. Again, this may not go for others, but it does for me: I'm running out of words when I have to comment on - in a way - similiar productions.

Whatever: I think you deserve success with our songs and I do wish you the very best with your plans.

Your remarks on RealBand were really interesting: I don't think that many of this forum's members use RealBand at all - reading their 'technical song data' made me think that we (my wife who does the sound jobs) and I as composer / arranger) are the onkly ones.

I 'design' my songs roughly in BIAB and import them into RealBand, because I can generate additional tracks, have parts of tracks re-generated and so on - things that can only be done there and which I make extended use of.

But, yes, this is not always sheer pleasures: It's still 32 bit, I encounter quite a lot if problems with VST plug-ins, that strange scrolling behaviour drives me nuts and it crashes frequently on any of the 3 PCs I'm using it on.

I agree that it might become a pretty good DAW (especially because of the full BIAB functionality), if PGMusuc would decide to develop it, but I also do understand what keeps them from doing so:

As long as it is included in the BIAB packs, this will be a loss-making operation, because no-one would buy BIAB just because a good DAW is included. And if they'd sell it separately they will have a lot of very good and most of all very cheap competitors: Reaper, for instance, is a good DAW and it cost but 60 bucks.

Not so long ago I asked the PG support about their future plans for RealBand, but I never got a reply and since they haven't put much, if any, effort in developping the app, I'm not confident that they will in the future. And providing the BIAB functionality - at least partly - via VST for other DAWs may be another hint.

Personally I would like to stick to RealBand, even if this was simply because I do like PGMusic as a very sympathetic and musician-orientated enterprise, but who knows what their plans are...

Cheers,

Stefan