I find regeneration to be acceptable on my ( recently switched to ) modern Macs - ie i5 i7 with SSD and decent RAM.

BUT.......... when it comes to using that BIAB plugin - which is designed to work with the BB4 background app ( as a server ) then regeneration times are infuriatingly long.
The reason for this is well known and not a bug but instead due to the fact that with the plugin - the entire regenerated audio data is written to disk - same as when one does an audio export in BIAB.

Its this huge waiting time that is the issue. The answer is to make the BB4 app regenerate to RAM ( like BIAB standalone) and instead of having the BIAB plugin then stream audio from the audio file data on disk, stream audio directly from the background BBM4 app to the plugin - in client-server fashion.

The decvelopers ( developer actually far as I know ) are well aware of this - and something tells me we will have to wait until at least the 2020 version of BIAB is out - maybe longer before this sensible change is adopted. So in essence - anyone who paid up for the 2019 Mac release because they were excited and wanted this new BIAB functionality - just has to lump it and wait until this new "feature" finally becomes usable. And not via a free update but instead as part of the next "funding round" .....payable by us every year - in the hope that promised features actually become usable.

Until then I consider the BIAB plugin basically useless. Workflow matters. The waiting tomes to regeneration in BIAB standalone are personally fine for me on modern Macs.
The waiting time to make changes to arrangements and regeneration via the BIAB DAW plugin is NOT.

Last edited by nonchai; 01/10/20 07:17 AM.

Big Sur, Mac Mini i7 2018, 64GB RAM 2TB SSD
Yamaha PSR SX 900, Cubase, Ableton, UNIFY, OPUS ORCHESTRATOR, MASCHINE, Vienna Ensemble Pro ,Audiofuse, L6 HELI, KOMPLETE, Komplete Kontrol 88
Lockdown beard, podgy face, beer belly, bald patch ... yadda yadda