As I said in a post about Audiophiles etc they often use the term subtle which to me usually means “you won’t hear a difference but the difference is huge.”

Often the mixes they use are already so good not much change takes place. Also what you a listening on makes a huge difference. I use an iPad to look at online videos. Therefore I use earbuds. The earbuds I use come off my old Walkman MP3 player. The difference between them and some lower end Sony earbuds are unbelievable (the Walkman earbuds are very much better in the low end). Listening via my PC through a good set of headphones makes a difference as does going via the speakers.

But Ozone makes a huge difference and it makes the task far easier than using different EQs, Compressors and Limiters. The Tonal Balance Control makes it much easier to achieve consistency across a number of tracks.

Tonal Balance Control does not affect the signal but gives you a good visual aid. Similar can be achieved using something like Span or Manalyzer but they are not nearly as intuitive.

My experiences

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 01/12/20 12:11 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1