I'm still a newbie here slowly absorbing all the fine songs created by everyone.
I like to read a little about the person, the motivation for the song and some of the technical aspects as well.

Here's a little about myself and this song:
I'm just an old retired guy trying to learn the guitar, make some music and do the best I can recording my creations.
I'm learning on all fronts.

Although I enjoy listening to and creating music in many genres, I'm drawn to the blues so, many of my songs lean in that direction.

Because I'm a one man band and not much of a musician, most of my songs are limited to guitar & vocals.
Over time I started adding bass, drums and a few other instruments and that's why I ended up with BIAB.
I'm hoping to fill out my songs with more depth as I learn how to use BIAB.

Here's a song a did a while back with a little more then just guitar/vocals and I'm certain it could have been better if I had BIAB to help.

About this song:
Most of my songs are motivated by events around me and it seems the more emotional the event, the more motivated I am to express something in song.
The motivation here was two fold.
I'm generally a mild mannered guy, but I was reminded of times I lost my cool, particularly when I was younger.
Secondarily, as I age, I'm feeling more vulnerable to street thugs and have had a few close calls with those who would do me harm so, I've been exploring self defense concepts on my internet machine.
One such video was demonstrating very lethal martial arts take down methods that rely on surprising an attacker with unexpected force.

Well, there ya have it......a mild mannered old guy writing a song about being cool until you're forced to take action.

Thanks for listening.
Here's " Slow Burn"

https://soundcloud.com/captainmoto/slow-burn

Last edited by CaptainMoto; 01/13/20 10:14 AM.