Dear Ms. Merritt, 'Bud', 'PeterF' and...did I miss anyone cool ???

OOO-wee, now, that was the rocking-est version of See See Rider that these here ears ever did listen to !!!

Ms. Merritt, your vocal performance was so exuberant that I shouted out, "You go, gurl !!! I imagined you hoppin' n' boppin' all 'round the studio during PeterF's solo.

'PeterF', I smelled smoke comin' from your fingers as you set them strings on fire. Hope you had a bucket a' water handy to cool things off a li'l bit.

'Bud', as always, every sound of every instrument, musical as well as vocal, comes through a set of speakers like a house party held on a rooftop. Go on wit' cho' ba-a-a-d self !!!

Only time I ever heard this song before listening to you all's version, was on a Verve album from the 60's titled 'The Essential Jazz Vocalists" featuring Big Bill Broonzy on gee-tar and vocals. It was the sound of the most lonesome blues your heart could stand. It's amazing how a song performed in one style can be re-imagined and performed in a totally different genre, ain't it???

See you later, 'See See Rider' smile !!!

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".