Since this thread was (?!) moved to "wishlist" lets switch to wish mode.

Charlie, you are still missing my point smile
There is nothing wrong with complexity. I am not in favor of dumbing down BIAB (for some reason I think you believe that I am)
I want workflow / menus! / features, sorted properly and presented neatly, logically and the last but not the least for menu items to look pretty. It is very far from that now. <---If you disagree with this, you do not have to read further.

Albert Einstein... I am almost certain that first thought that comes to mind of most people is "MESSY HAIR", but that was his appearance signature. I do not believe that it is in anybody's interest for BIAB to be associated with messy appearance.

I do not agree with you that there should be different versions (complexity levels) of BIAB. Cakewalk has "Lenses", or what they recently started to call "Work Spaces" were users decide what to show and how to show it. It does not take complexity or the features out of the program!

Peter & Co, did the GUI tune-up several years ago. The full screen mode does look clean,as a FRONT PAGE. I still would prefer changing minor things and have the menus modular/resizable, but overall it is OK looking. Presentable.

The problem items as far as appearance and basic functions are:

1) Mixer, which should be redesigned and have at least 16 channels available for RTs and/or MIDI! (Without saying something like "It is already there... IT IS NOT! You can make a bear ride a motorcycle and say "yes, it is possible" and "it was designed that way")

Mixer should also have autohide or similar visual approach. I personally would prefer Autohide (as Videotrack sketched up) and tracks on demand - show basic set of tracks and have a magic "+" button to add channels.

2) Endless pop up menus in random places, with poor sorting by type or logic. Clunky 90's boxes, which pop up in random places of the screen.

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 01/16/20 10:16 AM.