Good morning ライミン,

I can hear your frustration. Hang in there. You are nearly at the end of this particular road and, once you are at the end, it will all be easy.

How I would go about getting the file into BIAB is as follows...

Firstly... IN REAPER...

1. SOLO the vocal track.

2. Right-click on the vocal track and select "Item Processing | Normalize Item" as shown on IMAGE 1 below. This will lift the volume of the track in case the recording was quiet.

3. Under "File" select "Render" and set the rendering criteria as shown on IMAGE 2. While IMAGE 2 looks a bit horrific with all the numbers, most of these are default and should be set.

The reason I'm suggesting 44100 Hz (#5) and 16 bit (#10) WAV (#9) file is because that matches the Realtracks in BIAB. In reality, you could use any frequency and bit depth.

I've selected Dither and Noise Shaping (#8) just in case you have recorded at anything other than 44100/16 as this will help give the best render. If you recorded at 44100/16, noise shaping and dither do not need to be active.

Following the above you will create a WAV of your vocal track.

Now in... BIAB

3. Open your song file.

4. Select "File | Import | Audio" and load in the vocal track.

This is where it's necessary to know at what bar the vocal started relative to BIAB's 2-bar count-in.

The settings on IMAGE 3 below, will import the audio on beat 1 of the first bar of the count-in. If you want the audio to start on the first bar of the song, the following numbers would do that...

1 1 1 0

To intrepret these numbers, it's necessary to keep in mind that BIAB uses 120 ticks per beat.

BIAB also uses bars -1 and 0 as the two bars of the count-in.

Thus an import setting of 1 2 3 60 would import the audio in: (a) Chorus 1; (b) Bar 2; (c) half a beat (i.e. 60 ticks) past Beat 3.

I hope all this makes sense.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
normalise normalize track.JPG (62.21 KB, 173 downloads)
IMAGE 1... normalise tracks in Reaper
render 44100 16 bit dither noise shape.jpg (257.44 KB, 172 downloads)
IMAGE 2... rendering to 44100 Hz and 16 bit in Reaper
import audio 2020.JPG (38.14 KB, 171 downloads)
IMAGE 3... importing audio into BIAB

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024