こんにちは ライミン,

(As much as I would love to speak Japanese, I had to use Google for the above. Sorry.)

Oh my gosh.... you really have worked hard. Please be aware that you've actually progressed your way through some very complex aspects of BIAB and Reaper right now. This learning is going to very worthwhile when it comes to understanding the easier things.

Again I say, "Please trust me on this". You've done really well and have every right to feel proud of your effort.

I had a play around with both harmonisers in Realband last night and there is definitely much more control available. It's worth persevering with if you have the time.

At the risk of scaring you, Realband will also give you something new to learn. What you've learnt already will help significantly, though, although it might not seem so at first.

There is a file that PG Music include that is designed for practising with the harmonisers. This file is found under \bb\Documentation\Tutorials\Tutorial - Audio Harmonies". It's called LISTEN.MGU (or .SGU if you'd prefer the version without a melody track).

I suggest that when you open the Listen.MGU file, you save it straight away as SEQ (in Realband) or as a different file name (e.g. Listen-test.MGU) in BIAB so that you don't overwrite the original material. I apologise for not mentioning this sooner... it completely slipped my mind.

If you have a listen to my below song, floyd jane (from Users Showcase) added harmony to this using the TC Helicon Harmoniser a few years ago. His harmony section starts at around 2:30. It's very cool what he did. He didn't have the original material to work with either!

https://soundcloud.com/noel-adams/wait-and-see_plus-choir

The trick with the harmonisers is not to have the harmony too loud because every now and then audio artifacts and octave jumps occur. These are incredibly difficult to avoid. Fortunately, at lower volumes, the listener's ear doesn't hear them and the harmony is still just as effective. I've used TC Helicon Harmony many times and I like it. Harmonisers are also useful for creating a track that user can learn to sing and then create their own vocal harmony.

What I suggest is that you open the file Listen.MGU (located above) in Realband and test that it plays. Save it as an SEQ file. This is Realband's file format. If it doesn't play, that means I will need to give you some Audio and MIDI driver settings.

In Realband, the harmonisers are under the "Generate" menu (IMAGE 1).

To create a harmony...

1. select the Audio track (i.e. click on it and then press CTRL+A to select the whole track - see IMAGE 2 below).

Notice that it is track #8

2. Now click on the top harmoniser (that the arrow points to in IMAGE 1).

[I'll continue these instruction in the next post below]

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
harmonisers 2020.jpg (216.09 KB, 182 downloads)
IMAGE 1... Realband's two harmonisers
Audio track select.jpg (320.66 KB, 183 downloads)
IMAGE 2... selecting Audio track in Realband (note that it's track #8)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024