Part 1 of 2

BACKGROUND
The trick with the harmonisers is not to have the harmony too loud because every now and then audio artifacts and octave jumps occur. These are incredibly difficult to avoid. Fortunately, at lower volumes, the listener's ear doesn't hear them and the harmony is still just as effective. I've used TC Helicon Harmony many times and I like it.

• Harmonisers are also useful for creating a track that user can learn to sing and then create their own vocal harmony.

PG Music include a songfile and an associated WAV file that can be used to practice with the harmonisers. This file is found in...

• \bb\Documentation\Tutorials – Audio Harmony
  • The file is called LISTEN.MGU

CREATING HARMONY WITH TC HELICON IN REALBAND

1. Open the file Listen.MGU (mentioned above) in Realband and test that it plays.

2. Save it as an SEQ file. This is Realband's file format and saves BIAB information as well as Audio information.

3. If the file doesn't play it means that Audio and MIDI driver settings need looking at. Please create a thread in the Realband forum at the link below

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=33&page=1

4. In Realband, the harmonisers are under the "Generate" menu (IMAGE 1).

To create a harmony using TC Helicon...

5. Select the Audio track (i.e. click on it and then press CTRL+A to select the whole track -- see IMAGE 2 below).

Notice that the audio is on track #8 in the image. Check that this is the same for you.

6. Now click on the top harmoniser (the arrow points to this in IMAGE 1). This is TC Helicon.

I'll continue these instruction in the next post below

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
harmonisers 2020.jpg (216.09 KB, 146 downloads)
IMAGE 1... the two harmonisers available in Realband 2020
Audio track select.jpg (320.66 KB, 146 downloads)
IMAGE 2... Audio track in the file LISTEN.MGU

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024