Originally Posted By: horsthartung
The reason I'm posting so many songs is I'm getting ready to release an album....just wanted to get a few opinions about my music and get a good feel if you guys think it might be sell-able.

"Musically good" and "saleable" are two different things.

Without question, your song is falls into the "musically good" category. It's well sung, heartfelt, music, and nicely mixed.

It sounds a lot more "MIDI" than your prior posts, and I dislike that sound. But I'm probably not your target audience.

But saleable? That's a different animal entirely.

If you're posting here to see if sales-worthy your music is, I don't think this is the right place for that. You'll get positive feedback on your song, and often constructive criticism. But the focus here isn't making something that's more commercial.

Personally, I think you've got very limited audience. It's got nothing to do with the quality of your material. I just don't know what kind of demand there is for music literally written in the '70s, but that never had any airplay at the time.

If you're currently gigging with this set of songs, there's no need to test your music out here. But if you're planning on just releasing this into the market without having built-in audience... best of luck with that.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?