PART 2 of 3

Moving audio in Realband continued...

Now it's necessary to estimate how much to move the audio. To do this...

4. Listen to the audio. It's easy to hear the the beat 1 timing is not quite correct. For jazz, though, this is fine. For the purposes of this exercise, I want to line-up the word "Listen" so that it plays on beat 1.

The highest point on the the first syllable's blob (i.e. the wave diagram of the sound) is where the main part of the syllable "Li-" occurs.

Since I know that each 1/16th note is 30 ticks, when I look at the highest point on the syllable "Li-", I can see that it's about 26-27 ticks after beat 1 (IMAGE 4). I can tell this because it's not quite up to the 1/16th note gridline.

I'll use 27 and pull the audio back 27 ticks.

5. Now I select a region around the audio that I want to move (IMAGE 5).

6. Select "Cut" from the Edit Menu (or the "Cut" icon or CTRL+X).

On my example, the audio is cut from (bar)=0 (beat)=4 (ticks)=90 -- this is the START of the blue selected area of the WAV.

7. Select "Paste" from the edit menu (or the "Paste" icon or CTRL+V).

When I paste it, I need to move the audio 27 ticks to the left. So instead of pasting it a 0 4 90, I take 27 off the 90 and paste it at 0 4 63 (See IMAGE 6)

8. The top of the "Li-" blob now lines up with beat 1. (IMAGE 6)

If you play the song, you will hear the difference.

continued on next post...

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Audio moving (4) - calculating how much to move.jpg (90.96 KB, 129 downloads)
IMAGE 4... calculating how far to move the audio.
Audio moving (6) - pasting audio in new location.jpg (130.7 KB, 130 downloads)
IMAGE 6... pasting audio so that it is 27 ticks to the left of its original position

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024