PART 3 of 3

Moving audio in Realband continued...

Now to move the whole audio track.

What I do is this...

1. Cut the blank couple of bars at the beginning of the audio track. Do this by...

(a) select just the first region of the track (I'd have "snap to grid" on)

(b) click on "cut" (this section is not pasted anywhere)

2. Using the waveform, estimate how far away from the beat, the first syllable of your vocals is. (Just like I did in the above the "Listen".)

3. Now click on the Audio track and press CTRL+A to select it all.

4. CTRL+X (or press "Cut") and, like before, make a note of the "From Bar, Beat, Ticks".

5. CTRL+V (or press "Paste") and adjust the bar, beats, ticks setting to the new value.

There you have it.

In future, what I suggest you do is to use ASIO or Windows Audio for your audio driver when you record. If you do this, you probably will not have to adjust the audio track at all.

If you don't have an ASIO driver for your soundcard, download ASIO4ALL from the below site and install it. It's free and its what I use. BIAB and RB work with this driver.

http://www.asio4all.org/

To change Audio Drivers, have a look at IMAGE 7.

NOTE: If you use Windows Audio (WAS in BIAB) or ASIO, it's possible that you will not hear audio in other programs if RB is open. If you change RB audio back to MME after recording, this problem won't occur. Also, if RB is closed, this won't be a problem either.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Audio settings 2020.jpg (50.42 KB, 124 downloads)
IMAGE 7... audio settings in Realband 2020

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024