Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
I think it's a great idea.

If I may make a suggestion to help in the area where "Now, if I was going to do this full time, and actually publish sleek and well-produced content, I would have to learn video editing inside out, purchase some decent equipment and recording gear, and, you know, spend hours a day recording and editing content that is optimized to reach the widest audience."

Why not partner with someone that is already an expert video tutorial maker. Someone that has top equipment, gear, setup and spends hours each day making and broadcasting hi-quality YouTube videos.

You provide and coach and support a person (personality) where you provide the BIAB/RB product knowledge, how-to's, Tips and Tricks, and even full productions.

Joe Gilder of Home Studio Corner was recently hired by Presonus to begin doing exactly what you're suggesting. They're creating a Presonus channel for him to focus and make tutorial videos on how he uses Studio One software. Joe has his own channel and already uses all Presonus gear in his home studio and he tutors viewers and subscribers how to make quality home recordings. He's had his YouTube channel since 2009 and makes his living as a full time YouTube producer. As an employee, he will gain the access and materials from Presonus engineers and marketers to place his channel above any other competition.

You and PGMusic can do the same. There's another Presonus video tutor that lost his limited support from Presonus (looking back, likely due the Presonus decision to create their own channel) who is actively seeking another platform to provide support to his channel so he can stay on the air.

He has an established subscription base
He's an excellent MC/Tutor/teacher
He has a top quality, top notch equipped home studio
He's a musician/songwriter/producer
He's a high quality videographer set up to precisely record and stream BIAB screens.

The only thing he's not, is a BIAB program expert. Here, by your own admission, you have the BIAB expertise but don't yet have the Video knowledge and equipment. You're looking at quite a learning curve.

Together, you, this videographer and PGMusic could turn out a grade A, top notch production from day one...

Hey Charlie,

Thank you so much for the comprehensive response and advice!

To clarify; in terms of equipment and video quality, I'm thinking more or a good webcam, mic, and other gear as used by streamers, and not the kind of stuff professional advertising companies would use.

Similarly, the video editing stuff I would need to learn is how to make smooth cutaways, inserting text, zooming in on portions of my screen, etc,. Also, coordinating with someone else to get all this done would significantly complicate a brisk and consistent content output schedule.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB