Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Dang!This song is HOT! I will admit, there is just too much to comment on with the song. It's So damn good. I'll try to comment on some things I don't normally comment on. I'm sure others will have NO problem filling in many more accolades.

I have said this; but do want to say at least this again, these mixes are phenomenal! You can hear everything. There space for it; and it's still tied together very cohesively in a warm way. That's what I love about your mixes; and I swear they keep getting better. You will probably tell me you use the same presets; but I don't know. Just mark me as impressed.

One specific thing about the mix I'm not sure I've REALLY mentioned is, I have now officially built a club in my head where your songs are played. I can very vividly picture this song being performed. I know where I'm sitting. I can see the crowd enjoying it...maybe put a crowd sound in sometime. wink It's that real to me. That stems from the authenticity of of how you do things. It REALLY matters!

The vocal is always great. How often? Always. But this was a masterclass on what you can't teach. (can you do that?) Seriously, this kids is what they call groove in a vocal. It's having a strong recognition of pitch and rhythm; then making it your muse. As a drummer, I can't tell you how much I appreciate how perfectly timed these vocals lines are. I'm not talking quantized. To me, quantized is not perfection. It lacks heart and feel; therefor is not perfect. This vocal is! It plays with the rhythm so effortlessly. Has Janice ever played drums or percussion? Many of the great singers have. You need that groove to make it this great.

I loved the violin solo when I didn't expect it. THEN Janice took the "this is a real band" to the next level by scatting right along. Come on! FANTASTIC!

The sound/instrument choices were brilliant as well. I love that piano! Actually, the drums too. And the bass. Ok, and the...I will stop now.

The picture is fun too! That girl CAN swing! No doubt!

To never disappoint is one thing. To continuously raise the bar, blow someone's mind, and inspire...that's just who you two are. Thank you for that!

I wanted to be sure to respond because I owe you, and a few others, comments on the songs I've been enjoying. I think I pre-mentioned that I'm somewhat absent in January to early February. Still listening though.

Thanks again for the smile.

(Not check for spelling or other errors. Speech to text. If you don't understand something. Feel free to ask. It can get interesting at times. lol)

Reading this along with a cup of good joe really makes for a great start of the day!

Yep, about the same presets -- as you mentioned...but we do tweak them for each tune smile

We really do appreciate you mentioning the live feel. That is our objective for every song we do. We're always thinking could our arrangement be performed by a small live band? And, if so, what would it sound like if we were five rows back in the center? smile I guess for many that approach would be very limiting regarding use of tracks, etc., and we much understand that...but we decided years ago to just "dance with one that brung ya" regarding our continued minimalist productions.

And, Janice is very appreciative of your comments regarding her vocal. This tune has been done in so many styles that I (Bud) just threw out some chords and she had at it smile

Thanks for mentioning the photo...the eternal child!

BTW, you mentioned percussion...yes, she plays cajon and taps our rhythms all day long smile

Thanks for all!

J&B