Hi Folks.
UPDATE:

I did not want to pollute this forum section with another thread. So updating this. I believe I found the cause of shuttering audio / latency. It is happening only when HALION SONIC is present and plays midi through 2 or more of it's channels, rest are RT's. Troubled projects have only 1 VST - which is Halion Sonic.

Shuttering occurs at random spots. All the resources are near flat, nothing is spiking. My system is Win10, i7 6 core / 32 gb ram, dedicated 4gb GPU, nvme SSD. It is NOT related to system resources smile

Yes, I tried MME, WASAPI and ASIO (which is native to my interface) If you have a suggestion how to fix this, please save yourself some time and skip all the reading below of original post and just post a reply on second page.

THANK YOU!

---------------------
Original post:

Something recent and unexpected. Hardware did not change. Completely clean install of BIAB.
When I play arrangement in BIAB occasionally I would get a shuttering/latency effect, almost like the whole arrangement is slowing down and becomes shuttered, then it catches up again and plays as it should. Does not stop completely (as "audio engine stop") I am usually good at those things, but this one I can not figure out. It does not happen in DAW (even with 30 tracks running), only in BIAB

Including audio settings screenshot at the bottom.

Checklist:
1)Computer 6 cores 32ram. High performance power setting.
2)True ASIO card, not Asio4All. (I tried with 2 different ASIO cards, same result)
3)Buffer on ASIO card set to whoping 1024.
4)BIAB running 6 RT tracks / 1 midi, a single instance of Halion Sonic VST.
5)No other VSTs except for the ones that came with BIAB.
--------------

Thank you in advance for your time!

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 02/02/20 06:38 PM.