Misha,

I agree with Teunis. What you describe sounds exactly like BIAB track generation cannot keep up with the performance. This often occurs at fast tempos when 5 or 6 Realtracks are used.

You mention that you have six RTs. Some RTs are much more intensive on computer demands when generating... soloist ones for example.

How BIAB works is that when one clicks "Generate", BIAB will begin generating the song. Once it's reached a specified number of bars (I'm guess around 8 bars), it starts playing and generation continues as a background process. If the tempo is fast, or if the computer resources are being stretched -- for example an internet connection is running in the background or antivirus software is checking the generated RTs --, then the background generation does not work fast enough to keep up.

To check this.... right-click on the chordsheet, select "Song Settings" and then select "This song has playback problems, disable fast generation" (it's at the bottom of the right column of Song Setting options).

With this setting active, BIAB will generate all the Realtracks for the whole song before playback starts. This means that you will wait a little longer but it avoids generating RTs as a background process while the song is playing.

It's also worthwhile checking if your system runs OK with MME set as the audio driver. This is the BIAB-friendliest of audio drivers. If the stuttering doesn't occur with MME, it could be that the ASIO driver is creating the issue. (Not all ASIO drivers are equally friendly with BIAB.)

Hope this helps,
Noel.

P.S. Have you excluded \bb and \Realband folders from being checked by your anti-virus software?

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024