From my perspective the most important thing is a really good audio interface. I would recommend a USB Audio Interface. This will make all the difference as far as recording voice, guitar or any other instrument is concerned. It will also assist in providing a good sound out of your system as it will then be possible to use any reasonable powered speakers. There are many really good audio interfaces including but not limited to Presonus and Focusrite they are not all that expensive.

I recommend an audio interface with at least two separate inputs that way it will be possible to record guitar and voice into separate tracks at the same time (this sometimes helps get songs in the timing you were hoping for.). If you are thinking of a condenser type mic then also ensure you have a 48v Phantom Power available. Most reasonable USB Audio Interfaces provide 48v power for mics.

Not that all here will agree but I really believe a good DAW is also a good tool and can be available at very low cost. For example, Cakewalk by BandLab is free if you have a 64bit Windows PC. Or Reaper for $60. These products are designed for home recording and from my perspective more intuitive than some DAWs others might prefer.

Another really important is the BIAB don’t skimp on that. Go in and get all the RealTracks you can afford (UltraPak at least) that way you won’t be limited but will be amazed.

These are my thoughts

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 01/29/20 11:49 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1